Navitas Bursaries & Academic Merit Awards
Navitas offers financial support in the form of family bursaries. A bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study with a Navitas member institution.*
The first family member can be studying with a Navitas member institution at the same time as other family members, or they may have previously studied with any Navitas member institution. The bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study with a Navitas member institution. For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
The bursary is equivalent to 10 percent of tuition fee for the first attempt at units or courses in the programme of study (ie a certificate, diploma, University Transfer Programme (UTP), University Pathway Programme, bachelor's degree, pre-master's programme, postgraduate qualifying programme or master's degree)** with a Navitas member institution (excluding the Mixed English option). † This amount is credited to the eligible student's tuition fee account each academic term, with the amount being relevant to the number of units undertaken in that term. The bursary applies to the first program of study only undertaken at a Navitas member institution and does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution where the second family member is studying, together with supporting documents such as a birth certificate or family card.‡ Application forms can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a Navitas member institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a Navitas institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student's account each semester of study.
- The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas member institutions.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, LBIC, NIC, PUIC, PIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at UNH, UC College, UCIC, UNIC, Western Sydney University International College, and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
Academic Merit Awards
Navitas is committed to helping students achieve their career goals by offering awards to outstanding students.**
Navitas academic merit awards are awarded each term by each Navitas UK pathway college. Two students with the highest GPA in four or more subjects or courses will each receive an award.
The merit award is in the form of vouchers to a value of £500.
A panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit award upon the completion of each term and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college website by consent. Students are not required to apply for the award, as it is awarded based on academic performance and all students are eligible.
Merit Award Policy
- Two awards are offered at each Navitas UK member institution.
- Where the Academic Assessment Committee must differentiate between equally qualified applicants, additional factors such as educational disadvantage, membership of a specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account.
- Students are eligible to qualify for the award after successful completion of their first term and after commencing their second term.
- Students can only be given the award once.
- Debtors are not eligible for the award.
- Awards will not be made to students with an overall attendance of less than 95%.
* The Navitas family bursary applies to students studying at ACBT, ACN, AUSI, BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Sydney, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, LIBT, Macquarie City Campus, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, NIC, PIBT, PUIC, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
** Certificate programmes may also be known or registered a Foundation Studies or University Transfer Programme Stage I. Diploma programmes may also be known or registered as Undergraduate Pathway, University Transfer Programme Stage II or University Pathway Programme.
† The Navitas bursary is not applicable to any English language programme or any component of an English language programme offered by a Navitas member institution.
‡ The supporting documentation that is required will depend on the country where the student is enrolled.
** Navitas academic merit awards are offered to students studying in the UK at CRIC, EIC, HIC, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, LIBT, PUIC and BCUIC only. This information is correct as at the time of printing and may be subject to change without notice or at the discretion of Navitas member institutions or Navitas Limited.