Postgraduate Pathway in Science and Technology
The postgraduate pathway is for students who do not meet the traditional entry requirements for Stage 1 (Master's Degree) or who would benefit from additional academic preparation. Students can begin their postgraduate pathway at ICP and graduate from the University of Portsmouth with a world-class qualification.
Pathways at the University of Portsmouth
|Stage 1: Pre-Master's|
|Stage 2: Master's Degree in Science and Technology|
£12,600 - £14,400
Stage 1: 1 semester
Stage 1: June and ^September
Stage 1: Pre-Master's
ICP at the University of Portsmouth
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication for Postgraduate Study
- Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
- Principles of Science and Technology
- Mini-Dissertation for Postgraduate Study
Stage 2: Master's Degree in Science & Technology
University of Portsmouth
Degree awards from the University of Portsmouth
- MSc Advanced Manufacturing Technology^
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering with Environmental Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering
- MSc Computer Network Administration and Management
- MSc Construction Project Management
- MSc Electronic Engineering^
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Mechanical Engineering^
- MSc Medical Biotechnology
- MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- MSc Quantity Surveying
- MSc Real Estate Management
- MSc Sports Performance
School of Engineering
The School is one of the Enhanced Academic Partners of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) in recognition of over 25 years of continuous professional accreditation. Courses are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED).
Every year, hundreds of engineering students showcase their final projects to employers and industry experts as part of the Student Projects Open Day. The best projects are awarded prizes which are sponsored by leading engineering and technology companies including BT, Cisco, DSTL, IET, HP, Pall Europe and Xyratex.
School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Establishing and maintaining a sustainable built environment is the responsibility of Chartered Civil Engineers and Surveyors. The School has been running courses accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Institution of Civil Engineers for more than 35 years. Students have also benefited from over £500,000 of investment in State-of-the-art facilities within the past three years.
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Extend your knowledge and practical expertise at a university with outstanding research strengths in the field. The main theme of MSc Biomedicine is the application of the natural science principles, especially in biology and physiology, to clinical medicine. It will enable you to develop your understanding of the design, conduct and interpretation of data from clinical trials.
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Earth and environment scientists are vital in building a sustainable world; one where we make the most of its resources without waste or damage. The school is one of the leading providers of such scientists. Master's courses are well regarded by industry and consequently the school's applied geosciences graduates have excellent employment record in the UK and overseas.
Department of Sport & Exercise Science
Sports Science at the University of Portsmouth is ranked 6th in the UK (The Times Good University Guide 2015). It is important that sports professionals have studied their subject to the highest level in order to flourish in the increasingly important global sports community and business. These courses cover a wide range of issues along with a basic knowledge of sport and physical activity and you will also study the issues and theories that underpin and drive the sports agenda. This subject area has been placed in the top ten in every National Student Survey since 2005. It is one of the world's leading centres for research into the effects of environmental extremes upon human performance.
- Small, personalised classes
- Stage 1 (Pre-Master's) is a one semester stage
- Enter the Stage 1 (Pre-Master's) in June to progress to the Stage 2 (Master's degree) in September
- Heavily supported and focussed learning environment