Important Contact Details
Reception: +44 (0)2393 84 8540
Emergency phone: +44 (0) 7872 548496
University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth Coronavirus Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 5588
Medical emergencies: 999
Non-Emergency Police Helpline: 101
Samaritans (charity to support mental health emergencies): 116 123 (open 24 hours)
Who should I contact if I’m concerned about my son/daughter who is still in the UK and enrolled at ICP?
- Please email us at Student.Services@icp.port.ac.uk and our team will do our best to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
How are you supporting students who are still in the UK?
- Even though the college is not open, ICP Student Services are still here to help and support our students. Student Services are opening up reception on Zoom for two hours a day, Monday to Friday, 10.00am-11.00am and 3.00pm-4.00pm UK time. There will be at least two staff members from Student Services in each session and we will be here to answer any questions or queries you may have, in case students would like to speak to someone directly and face to face on Zoom. You can also contact student services on +44 (0)2393 84 8540 and the ICP emergency phone on+44 (0) 7872 548496.
My son/daughter is in University accommodation, will it remain open?
- University Halls of Residence and ICP Halls of Residence are staying open. However, social distancing measures are enforced and external visitors are not allowed inside Halls of Residence.
I am concerned about the mental health of my son/daughter during this time is isolation. How are you supporting?
- Infectious disease outbreaks, like the current Coronavirus, can affect our mental health. While it is important to stay informed, there are many things we can do to manage our wellbeing. If you have any concerns about your mental health, below are some good links from the University of Portsmouth and the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA):
University of Portsmouth
You can download the WhatsUp app, which will continue to be covered in UK office hours by Wellbeing staff - this is an easy way for you to stay in touch and get ongoing same-day support. This service also has a chat line out of hours. You can continue to register for a personalised pathway of support, by contacting email@example.com, who can refer you to the University Wellbeing service or other providers as necessary.
- Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak a guide by the Mental Health Foundation
- Free guided meditation from Headspace
- Coronavirus: 8 ways to look after your mental health from Mental Health
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing from MIND
- Good Thinking
My son/daughter is thinking of studying in ICP. Are there any online events or seminars hosted by the College?
- Yes, we are organising a range of online webinars. More information about upcoming events can be found here.