International College Portsmouth

James Oliver Properties

James Oliver Properties

James Oliver Properties

Catherine House

Catherine House

Harry Law

Rees Hall

Wingfield House 



Studying is a big part of your overall experience at ICP, but living in a pleasant space can make all the difference. We have upgraded some of the accommodation options that we offer and we continue to make changes to enhance quality. 

To support you with achieving the best possible results for your studies, you are required to reside in Portsmouth or within a 30 minutes radius. Failing to do so may impact your enrolment at ICP. 


Student Accommodation

Catherine House

Catherine House is one of our newest and most modern accommodation options. It provides beautiful spaces, high security and convenience. Shops, bars and restaurants are almost outside your door. The stunning Victoria Park is only a stone's throw away. This is a great space if you prefer an outdoor area to mix up your studying routine, or if you want to have a walk in nature.

How to book

If you are under 18

Please email the Catherine House team at 
Please make it known that you are an ICP student. 

If you are over 18

Please book directly through the website Catherine House Student Accommodation Portsmouth.

Price range

£168 - £204 per week

Distance from ICP

6 minute walk

What is included

  • Each studio has its own private en-suite bathroom
  • Laundry facilities on site
  • 24-hour security
  • Sky Lounge with games tables
  • Nearest train station: Portsmouth and Southsea (2 minute walk)


Wingfield House 

Studio accommodation for those who like to have their privacy. The studios include fully fitted kitchens and and ensuite shower rooms. 

How to book

Scroll to the bottom of this page to register your interest. 
Please make it known that you are an ICP student. 


£170 per week

Distance from ICP

15 minute walk

What is included

  • Smart TV
  • TV licence and internet are included in the rent.
  • Plenty of storage space.
  • Free laundry facilities.
  • 24 hour concierge space


Grosvenor Halls of Residence

Just a 10-15 minute walk from ICP, Grosvenor Residence offers a selection of modern rooms, including a studio penthouse. Additionally, you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the seafront and the Southsea common nearby.


Prices can range from £117 - £158 per week depending on what type of room you choose. 

Prices stated include:

  • all utility bills
  • high speed wireless internet access throughout the building
  • smart TV and TV licence
  • on-site Building Manager
  • on-site pay as you go laundry fascilities.
  • secure internal bicycle storage
  • in room safe for valuables
  • most rooms offer magnificent sea views towards the Isle of Wight
  • all rooms are en-suite 

How to book


Osborne Halls of Residence

Situated right by the seafront in Southsea and only a 10-15 minutes' walk from ICP, Osborne Residence offers modern rooms in a classic style building. Southsea Common is at your doorstep and Southsea shopping centre is less than a minute walk away. 


Prices stated can range from £129 - £139 per week depending on what type of room you choose. Prices also include:

  • all utility bills
  • wireless internet access throughout the building
  • fortnightly clean
  • access to Sandringham pay as you go laundry facilities, situated next door
  • secure external bicycle storage
  • bathrooms are either en-suite, private (separate lockable bathroom facilities), or shared between 2 students.

How to book

Student Housing

James Oliver Properties

Typically shared between 3-6 students. Each room is for sole occupancy, with kitchen and private facilities shared between all students.   

James Oliver Properties have been recently refurbished, decorated and modernised to offer you a pleasant living experience. You can choose from a variety of spacious and furnished rooms. See below for details.  

All images bear a likeness to the properties below. The decor and finishing will be of the same standard.

36 Montgomerie Road

This property is currently under construction and will be available from September to ICP students only. 


  • 8 ensuite bedrooms available
  • £625/month
  • Distance from ICP: 12-minute walk

80 Margate Road

  • Virtual tour
  • 8 bedrooms available
  • 3 washroom facilities
  • £477.95/month
  • Distance from ICP: 12-minute walk 

25 Baileys Road

  • Virtual tour
  • 7 bedrooms available
  • 3 washroom facilities
  • £499.95/month
  • Distance from ICP: 11-minute walk

What you need to know

  • All prices are inclusive of utility bills and internet. 
  • Low deposit options available.
  • Deposit payments are protected by TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme). This is a scheme which is designed to store your deposit funds safely until the end of your accommodation contract. You can request the amount back by visiting their website.
  • The images shown are for demonstrative purposes and rooms may vary. Please query with the provider directly for any specifications and availability.

How to book

Please email info@jamesoliver.comPlease make it known that you are an ICP student.


University of Portsmouth Halls

Harry Law

Harry Law is located right in the heart of the city centre. The Portsmouth and Southsea train station is only a short stroll away. If you fancy some spontaneous meet ups at nearby cafes or restaurants, you won’t have to look far as everything is almost at your doorstep. This also includes shops and supermarkets that stay open until late.


Approximately £144 per week 

Distance from ICP

2 minute walk 

What is included

  • Ensuite rooms. Each kitchen is shared between 5-7 students.
  • Self-catering
  • Accessible rooms available for disabled students. Find out more AccessAble.
  • Managed by the University of Portsmouth.

How to book

Please email Don't forget to mention that you are an ICP student interested in booking. There are limited rooms available so the sooner you book the better. 


Please note that Harry Law Halls are available for students who are over 18 only.


Rees Hall

Rees Hall is located close to one of Portsmouth most beloved spots, the Southsea Common. This is where you can enjoy the seafront as well as some panoramic views of the Solent.


Approximately £182 per week.

Distance from ICP

15 minute walk

What is included

  • Catered accommodation (daily breakfast and dinner included).
  • Catering for most dietary requirements.
  • All meals are served over a 2–3 hour period.
  • Ensuite rooms with 2 communal TV lounges
  • Accessible rooms available for disabled students. Find out more AccessAble.
  • Managed by University of Portsmouth

How to book

If you are over 18, please email Please make it known that you are an ICP studentThere are limited rooms available so the sooner you book the better.


Please note that this Rees Halls are available for students who are over 18 only. 


Private Apartments

GWQ Apartments

If you like having that extra while still feeling like home, we have a more luxurious option for you. GWQ Apartments offer a range of high end one and two bedroom flats, which are centrally located and enjoy superb metropolitan views.

Price Range

£1700 - £2000/month depending on the type of apartment you choose.

Distance from ICP

13 minute walk

What is included

  • 1 or 2 bedroom apartments.
  • Different payment plans offered, including instalments. These need to be discussed with the provider.
  • Deposit payments required.
  • Arrival Service offered. GWQ will support you for airport transfer arrangements and moving your luggage.

How to book

Please email, or call +44 07716424047. You can also enquire on WhatsApp. Please make it known that you are an ICP student. There are limited rooms available so the sooner you book the better.


Sandringham Apartments

Sandringham Apartments are a good option if you are on a tight budget. They are located between Grosvenor and Osborne Residences which are right by the seafront. Most apartments offer magnificent sea views.

Price Range:

£123 - £139 per week based on what type of room you choose. Single sex apartments are available upon request.

Distance from ICP

10-15 minute walk

What is included

  • All utility bills
  • Fast wireless internet access throughout the building
  • Smart TV and TV Licence
  • On-site Building Manager
  • On-site pay as you go laundry facilities
  • Secure internal bicycle storage
  • En-suite showers

How to book


Council Tax

Council tax is an amount of money that people pay every year for public services such as repairing roads, collecting waste, street lighting etc.  Students may be charged council tax depending on their age and length of programme.  The amount of council tax varies depending on the valuation of the accommodation in which students stay.


If you are a student and have been contacted by Portsmouth City Council to pay Council Tax, you will need to request an exemption letter from the University of Portsmouth. Once you obtain it, please go to the Civic Offices located in Guildhall square to provide them with your letter. 

How do I get a Council Tax Certificate?

To request a Council Tax Certificate, you will need to log into your 'Student View' portal and click on 'Request Standard Letters'.



What is proof of residency?

This means evidencing where you are currently living in the United Kingdom. Before you can enrol with us, ICP will need to see this evidence. We hold a copy of this information on your file and you will be expected to update us with any changes to where you are living and if your evidence expires during your time with ICP.

Is your tenancy an assured short hold tenancy?

The vast majority of people who rent from a private landlord in England are assured short hold tenants. You automatically have an assured short hold tenancy if all of the following apply:

  • you moved in on or after 28 February 1997.
  • you pay rent to a private landlord.
  • you have control over your home so that your landlord and other people cannot come in whenever they want to.
  • your landlord does not live in the same building as you.

What does an assured short hold tenancy involve?

A property contract (AST) involves a legal agreement between a tenant and a landlord and legally requires both parties to fulfil their obligations to each other. For students this means that once you sign your accommodation contract you will be legally bound by the terms of the contract. So you must ensure you read all the elements of the contract before you sign.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand the legal implications of the contract before you sign.

What rights do you have as an assured short hold tenant?

The law gives you rights to:

  • get information about your tenancy.
  • control your home so that you can stop other people from freely entering.
  • get certain types of repairs done.
  • live in your accommodation until your landlord gets a court order to evict you.

You may also have other rights, such as to get your landlord to do repairs or to challenge rent increases.

How do you get information about your assured short hold tenancy?

If your tenancy started after 28 February 1997, you have the right to ask your landlord to provide a statement of terms of your tenancy. The information that must be provided is:

  • the start date of the tenancy
  • the amount of rent and when you have to pay it
  • how and when the rent may be changed
  • the length of any fixed-term

If you ask for this information your landlord has to provide it within 28 days.

What repairs are the landlords' responsibilities?

The law says your landlord has to keep the structure and exterior of the property in good repair. This includes:

  • the roof
  • guttering
  • walls (but this doesn't include internal decoration)
  • windows and doors

Your landlord must also keep the equipment for the supply of gas, electricity, heating, water and sanitation in good repair. Your landlord may have extra responsibilities for repairs, depending on what your tenancy agreement says.

You are responsible for looking after the property. This might include unblocking a sink or changing a fuse when necessary. You may also have other responsibilities depending on what your tenancy agreement says.

Your landlord must have a valid gas safety certificate for any gas appliances in the property. Any furniture provided should be fire resistant.

How do I end the assured short hold tenancy?

If you have a periodic tenancy (which means that the original fixed-term has ended and your tenancy runs from week to week or month to month), you have to give one month's notice in writing, or longer if you pay your rent less often. The notice should end on the first or last day of the period of a tenancy. Once the notice ends, your tenancy ends and you no longer have any right to live in the property.

If you have a fixed-term tenancy (i.e. for one year) you will only be able to give notice during the fixed-term if your tenancy agreement says it is allowed. The length of notice you have to give depends on what your tenancy agreement says. Please note that most student tenancies in the UK are fixed-term tenancies.

It's possible to leave on the day your tenancy ends without giving any notice, but this is not usually advisable. It is best to give your landlord notice if you can, especially if you have paid a deposit that should be refunded.

Can other people live with me?

It is sometimes possible for other people to live with you provided that the owner of the property is made aware and has given you permission to do so.

Disclaimer: Whilst ICP have endeavoured to cover most aspects/areas of accommodation provision in the UK within this website and associated materials, the website is meant for guidance only and should not be viewed as containing definitive legal advice. ICP students should make their own enquiries with regard to any property and potential tenancy agreement BEFORE signing with a letting agent, including any legal definitions that they are unsure of. This website and associated materials do not constitute any form of legal advice for accommodation in the UK provided by ICP or any of their Accredited Accommodation Providers named in associated ICP documentation. If you are unsure about any aspect of a legal UK residential tenancy, then you must seek appropriate independent legal advice from an accredited UK legal professional. For information on finding a UK solicitor please see: (other sources available). ICP cannot be held accountable for any loss or damage to person(s), from taking the advice contained herein and will not accept any legal or financial liability for advice given within this website even if it is found to be inaccurate. ICP does not guarantee legal accuracy of information from a UK legal viewpoint, including interpretation of any legal terms contained within this website and associated documents.